Lies We Tell Ourselves When Waiting
- Everyone else seems to be able to get a job, why can’t you get a job?
- No one wants to hire me, I guess I just don’t have what it takes.
- That’s what they’re willing to pay me?! Aren’t I worth more than that?!
- Why did you bother getting your masters? Look what good it did you, you are working a retail job.
- I can’t start a blog…no one will read it! I have nothing to say!
- Why do you need to get a Ph.D.? What are you going to do with it? Do you really need it for your career field?
- I am a loser, a total loser.
- Am I really where God wants me to be right now? Or am I actually just being lazy?
- I can’t apply for that job…I’m not qualified!
- How am I going to survive on this meager retail salary and pay off all my bills and school loans?!
- I can’t start a business, what if I fail?!
Satan’s a Liar – Don’t Listen to Him!
Now, some of these things, you can probably relate to! Especially if you’re unemployed! And some of these statements, you probably think are crazy! But that’s how Satan works. He is a LIAR and he tries to get you while you’re down! The Bible says, “there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:44). That is why the first part of 1Peter 5:8 says, “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
Cling to God’s Word – His Promises During Times of Waiting
Take Courage Lyrics
Slow down, take time
Breath in He said
He’d reveal what’s to come
The thoughts in His mind
Always higher than mine
He’ll reveal all to come
‘Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!’ – Psalm 46:10
‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. ‘ Proverbs 3:5-6
‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’ – Isaiah 55:9
‘For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ‘ Jeremiah 29:11
Stay steadfast my soul
He’s in the waiting
He’s in the waiting
Hold onto your hope
As your triumph unfolds
He’s never failing
He’s never failing
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” – Isaiah 26:3
“but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” – Isaiah 55:10-11
Find strength in joy
Let His Words lead you on
Do not forget His great faithfulness
He’ll finish all He’s begun
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 1:6
Who call them each by name
Will surely keep, Your promise to me
That I will rise, in Your victory
“Lift up your eyes on high and see who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.” – Isaiah 40:26
“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – I Corinthians 15:57